THE STORY OF CAMILLA
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world".
She launched her namesake label ten years ago. Now, celebrated designer and artist Camilla Franks is a name synonymous with Australian fashion and lifestyle. Each CAMILLA piece is infused with story: the destination and adventure are yours to fill with vibrant colour, digital print, bohemian detailing and intricate craftsmanship. All pieces are luxurious, individualistic and timeless, creating a sentimental place in your wardrobe and life.
Camilla first found inspiration in theatre, designing flamboyant costumes for the colourful characters of the stage, reveling in the ovation they received. Her entrepreneurial spirit inspired the launch of CAMILLA, and her debut collection of bold kaftans marked a pioneering moment for resortwear in Australia and globally
In 2004, Camilla opened her first boutique, at the world famous Bondi Beach. Her collections captured Sydney’s global yet earthy identity, with exuberant colours and prints, precious silk fabrications, and detailed crystal embellishments.
(Bio and Photo Courtesy of camilla.com.au)
Take a deep breath and soak in the sunshine, because summer has arrived! While June 21st is still a few weeks away, we all know that Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of beach season, and we couldn't be more ready! The forecast is promising hot days ahead, and it looks like the sun will make a lasting appearance, so pack up our Memorial Day essentials and head to the coast for some surf and sand...
1. EVE LOM SPF Moisturizer. Over the past couple of seasons, we have fallen madly in love with the soft, silky, and oh-so-glowy complexion that Eve Lom skincare products help us achieve. For summer, we have brought in an Eve Lom Moisturizer with SPF to give you all of the beauty and radiance that you have come to expect...with the added bonus of sun protection!
2. Rag & Bone/Jean Knits and Tees. Rag&Bone/Jean makes soft and luxurious knits that will keep you both chic and comfy all summer long. Our favorite pick? This open shoulder striped knit. Throw it on over your bikini for a forward beach look, or layer it over denim shorts for breezy evenings by the bonfire!
3. Marysia Swim Antibes Bikini. Marysia's iconic silhouette has quickly become a favorite of celebrities, bloggers, and fashion editors alike. Scalloped edges and a black and white hibiscus print add a unique twist to the classic bikini.
4. Joie Samaris Dress. Move over LBD--this season is all about the Little White Dress! We are loving the Joie Samaris, because of its ultra lightweight, breezy fabrication and easy fit. Embroidery detail adds interest to this ultra fresh take on summer dressing!
5. Jack Gomme Pouch. Perfect for toting your sunscreen, make-up, cell phone, and/or any other beach essentials, this linen coated pouch has just the right amount of metallic sheen. It may be small, but it packs a whole lot of style!
And, Just in Case You Need Another Reason to Add our Beach Essentials to your Memorial Day Packing List...
With today marking the first day of our L'Agence Styling Event, we thought it was important to fill you all in on why we are LOVING L'Agence denim this season...and every season!
The L'Agence "French Jean" is revolutionizing denim with its superior fit. While the exclusive stretch denim boasts a soft hand and unparalleled recovery, it is the L'AGENCE Contoured Waistband Technology that really sets these jeans apart. Constructed in tailored craftsmanship, it curves to your hips and waist, giving the comfort and perfect shape to each and every woman! Each and every L'AGENCE fit features this unique construction, so we urge you to come try on different silhouettes and washes to find your perfect pair!
Here is the 411 on a few of our fave styles...
While the tried and true classics have stolen our hearts, we are also wild about the Spring 2016 additions...
Stop into store during our L'Agence Styling Event to try these styles and more, and find out for yourself why the French Jean is rapidly becoming a favorite wardrobe staple of bloggers, stylists, celebs, and fashionistas alike!
1. The Modern LBD. Since Coco Chanel minted the term, the "little black dress"has become a favorite of every fashionista. This season, refresh your style by swapping (or at least setting aside) the classic black sheath for a more modern option. This O'2nd style offers asymmetric details at the shoulder and hemline, flattering pleating and draping, and an edgy belt to add both cinch and shine!
2. The Feminine Shirtdress. As much as we all love a shirtdress, sometimes they read a bit too tailored for the softness of spring. This Rebecca Taylor dress solves our problem by adding the perfect feminine touches: from a flowing silk fabrication to a whimsical patchwork print, this "blouse-dress" serves the function of a shirtdress with an added fun, flirty twist!
3. Elevated Florals. While flowery prints are always a spring staple, the key to the Spring 2016 floral trend is sophistication. A deep v neckline and a figure flattering fit 'n' flare shape make the Rebecca Taylor Lindsay Dress take this ditsy floral printed silk style to the next level!
4. Inspired Combinations. Say goodbye to monotony this season; it's time to mix things up! This O'2nd dress marries smooth cotton with textural eyelet lace to create a multidimensional statement. Clean, crisp, and fashion forward!
5. The Little White Dress. Our favorite LBD has a bit of competition this season! Universally flattering, yet oh-so-fresh, the little white dress coolly reflects the purity and refreshment of Spring and Summer. We are loving this O'2nd style because of it's romantic midi length and modern mesh lace detail.
As fashion and beauty relate so beautifully to art, you can mix and match colors, styles, and products to create stunning masterpieces and express your own artistry. Let us inspire you through our blogs. - Collie Jennings