On these hot summer days, getting dressed can be a suffocating experience. Between the heat and the humidity, we often find ourselves sweaty and sticky within seconds of walking out the front door, and this leaves us feeling anything but stylish. So, at Rouge we have made it our mission to beat the heat by giving it the cold shoulder...literally...
Our shoulders and collar bones are two of the most underrated and yet utterly sexy parts of our body. Summer is their time to shine, so stop into Rouge for the season's hottest (and coolest!) strapless styles...
Fire up the grill, pour yourself a cocktail, and sit back and enjoy the fireworks: it's almost the Fourth of July! Our favorite national holiday, Independence Day requires no gift-giving preparation, no overwhelming home-cooked meals, or, in other words, no stress! It is a day to simply celebrate our friends, our family, and, of course, our country. Nevertheless, we still want to look our patriotic best, so stop into Rouge for some red, white, and blue, and enjoy your day off in style!
1) SkinnyTees Camisole. This slimming tank will create a smooth silhouette while offering a patriotic pop of red! Perfect for layering, but substantial enough to wear alone!
2) Joie Kalani Skirt. A dark navy and white pattern adds interest to this sleek skirt. Ruching at the waist flatters, while allowing for easy pull-on styling.
3) Joie Aruna Heart Print Top. This silk top hits the Fourth of July trifecta by encompassing red, white, and blue. The heart print is sure to add a touch of sweet to all of the salty treats at Friday's BBQ.
4) J Brand Midrise Capri in Blanc. Our favorite white denim gets cropped for the hottest summer days.
5) At the Beach Headband. Ocean breezes are no excuse for a bad hair day. Keep your looks in place with this stylish, vintage inspired headband.
6) Rouge Teardrop Earrings. Add that "something blue" to your July 4th look with our very own timeless earrings.
7) J Brand Essential Denim Jacket in Endless. This denim jacket is the perfect "bring everywhere" piece. The style is seasonless, yet perfectly suited for chilly summer nights.
8) Rebecca Minkoff MAC Clutch. The Goldilocks of handbags, this is just right for a night on the town. Fits all of your essentials but spares you the bulk.
9) Hanky Panky Low-Rise Thong. Sexy and patriotic? That's just how Rouge Girls roll.
10) Joie Alizeh Top. Exquisite crochet detail is sure to elevate any Independence Day outfit.
11) G1 Day Shorts. Forget Nantucket Reds---go bold with this bright Poppy hue!
12) Superga Sneakers. Celebrate the holiday in comfort and style with fashion's favorite kicks!
13) Jack Rogers Sandals. Both preppy and chic, these versatile sandals will pair with whatever outfit you wear!
) Tart Danika Jumper. The ultimate playsuit, this jersey romper will take you from a day on the beach to a night beneath the fireworks...
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!
And, as always, Happy Shopping!
Nothing says summer like the Santorini sunset. Cobalt blue waters, clean white architecture, crisp ocean breeze, and a glistening horizon create a scene that simply takes our breath away. And, while we can't all be so lucky as to set sail through the Greek Islands, we can certainly infuse our summer wardrobes with some Santorini style...
1. Clover Canyon Classical Order One Shoulder Dress. While the literal print on this dress may harken back to ancient Greece, its neoprene fabrication lends it an irresistibly modern appeal.
2. Tart Pandora Maxi Dress. The name says it all. Inspired by one of Greece's most infamous mythological figures, this columnar dress will make you look long, lean, and goddess-like.
3. Clover Canyon Korfu Swirl Tank. This silk tank combines the colors of the Greek Islands with linear architectural details.
4. Rebecca Minkoff MAC Clutch. This stunning blue hue makes this the perfect accessory for day or night.
5. Jack Rogers Sandal. Illuminate your look with this metallic thongs, inspired by Jackie O's favorite Greek sandals.
6. Rouge Teardrop Earrings. This simple, yet elegant, pair will bring out the ocean...and your eyes.
7. J Brand Midrise Skinny Jean. A summer staple, white denim pairs perfectly with Santorini blues.
8. White + Warren Travel Wrap. Those island breezes (or New Jersey air conditioning!) can get quite chilly, so wrap yourself in the warmth and luxury of cashmere.
9. Camilla Nierika Silk Playsuit. Wear it with flat sandals for a day of shopping and dress it up with heels for drinks with a view.
After so many months of writing about the blustery winter weather, I can hardly believe that I am actually going to declare: It's getting hot out there! And, there's no better way to beat the heat and embrace summer fun than by donning a romper. From our earliest days, onesies are an essential part of our wardrobe, yet as we grow older, many of us forget the many virtues of the playsuit. Well, baby, it's time to bring the romper back...with a twist of modern sophistication.
The advantages of the romper are many. One, this style offers a full outfit in a single piece. No need to coordinate separates--just slip on a romper, and you are fully dressed! Two, unlike the mini dress (which also offers one-and-done styling), the romper provides coverage that allows you to work, play, and quite literally romp around without any risk of fashion (or flashing) mishaps. Three, the romper provides total cool in both trend and temperature. A combination of easy tops and short shorts allow you to peel off winter's layers to reveal a barely there fashion statement. And, this brings me to my final point, the romper represents a must-have trend for Summer 2014. At Rouge, we offer many iterations of this style---from casual and comfortable to silky and chic, so stop into store today and romp around in style!
Between the sunshine, ocean breezes, and sand between our toes, there is something about summer that makes us want to don our sailing suits and set of into the horizon. And, by "sailing suits," we actually mean the hottest nautical styles for Summer 2014. Lightweight fabrics, navy and white hues, and, of course, the iconic sailor stripes represent a seasonal trend that is both current and classic...
The nautical trend is in full swing at Rouge, so stop into store and set sail into Summer!
As fashion and beauty relate so beautifully to art, you can mix and match colors, styles, and products to create stunning masterpieces and express your own artistry. Let us inspire you through our blogs. - Collie Jennings