Think floral prints are exclusive to Spring/Summer dressing? Think again! Unexpected Florals are one of Fall 2014's hottest trends. In warm hues featuring oranges, reds, and deep purples and blues, these flowery prints are bold enough to compete with all of the fall heavyweights. Who does this look best? Our vote goes to Clover Canyon. Their inspired prints blend geometry with our favorite whimsical florals to create a cutting-edge, modern effect!
Nothing says summer like the Santorini sunset. Cobalt blue waters, clean white architecture, crisp ocean breeze, and a glistening horizon create a scene that simply takes our breath away. And, while we can't all be so lucky as to set sail through the Greek Islands, we can certainly infuse our summer wardrobes with some Santorini style...
1. Clover Canyon Classical Order One Shoulder Dress. While the literal print on this dress may harken back to ancient Greece, its neoprene fabrication lends it an irresistibly modern appeal.
2. Tart Pandora Maxi Dress. The name says it all. Inspired by one of Greece's most infamous mythological figures, this columnar dress will make you look long, lean, and goddess-like.
3. Clover Canyon Korfu Swirl Tank. This silk tank combines the colors of the Greek Islands with linear architectural details.
4. Rebecca Minkoff MAC Clutch. This stunning blue hue makes this the perfect accessory for day or night.
5. Jack Rogers Sandal. Illuminate your look with this metallic thongs, inspired by Jackie O's favorite Greek sandals.
6. Rouge Teardrop Earrings. This simple, yet elegant, pair will bring out the ocean...and your eyes.
7. J Brand Midrise Skinny Jean. A summer staple, white denim pairs perfectly with Santorini blues.
8. White + Warren Travel Wrap. Those island breezes (or New Jersey air conditioning!) can get quite chilly, so wrap yourself in the warmth and luxury of cashmere.
9. Camilla Nierika Silk Playsuit. Wear it with flat sandals for a day of shopping and dress it up with heels for drinks with a view.
Long dresses have always been an essential part of evening wear, so when the daytime maxi dress trend emerged back in 2008, it was met with both excitement and skepticism. Could women of the new millennium drop all of their preconceived notions about longer lengths and embrace the idea of going long for day? The answer was an overwhelming "yes!" and maxi dresses today have transcended trend to become a true summer staple for fashionistas everywhere...
The advantages of maxi dresses are plenty. No need to worry about pale legs, cellulite, or cankles. No need to stress over leaning over or the occasional gust of summer wind. Heck, no need to even shave your legs (though, we strongly suggest that you do)! The summer maxi dress provides an unparalleled level of ease and comfort while still looking utterly chic and stylish.
At Rouge, we have a huge selection of maxi dresses that will take you anywhere and everywhere you want to go this summer...
While some of us may associate tie dye with summer camp, the Grateful Dead, and the overall magic of decades gone by, our favorite printed pastime is back in style with a fresh feel and universal appeal. Tart Collections has taken a modern approach to tie dye by placing the traditional print on fashion-forward silhouettes while also tweaking the technique to create a more geometric vibe...
A new shipment of Tart just arrived at Rouge, so stop into store to give tie dye a fresh try!
'Tis the season for romance. Flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and wedding bells are ringing. Beautiful brides all over the nation are donning white dresses for a sunshiny walk down the aisle. So, what do we wear to an outdoor reception? While the options are endless, we have found that the perfect formula for the summer wedding guest dress consists of three components: 1) A short, flirty silhouette, 2) Bright colors and cheerful prints, and 3) Lightweight, comfortable fabrications that will keep you feeling cool while looking hot...
Our selection of Clover Canyon and Amanda Uprichard dresses are the perfect go-to dresses for any Spring/Summer wedding. Vibrant, fun, and oh-so-chic, these dresses will take you from ceremony to cocktails to the dance floor in comfort and style, earning you the title of best dressed guest...
So, stop in to Rouge and let the summer lovin' begin!
Memorial Day weekend has offically begun! Pools and beaches are opening for the season, grills across the nation are getting fired up for barbeques, and friends and family are gathering to give a warm welcome to summer. As always, amidst all of this celebration, we want to look our best. Memorial Day events tend to be anything but formal, so what's a girl to wear? We need something to take us from the inaugural summer softball game to the cocktail party by the bonfire...something cute and casual, yet fashion savvy. In other words, we need Joie...
Joie represents the perfect combination of casual comfort and effortless style. Simple silhouettes with a bohemian sensibility make this the go-to brand for all of your Memorial Day escapades!
P.S. Looking for the perfect way to style your new Joie tops? Nothing says summer style better than white denim, so check out our huge selection from J Brand!
Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner! One of our favorite holidays, Memorial Day is all about fun. With no huge feasts to prepare and no presents to purchase, we can actually enjoy a stress-free celebration as we ring in the summer in style. And, whether your packing for a weekend away or simply prepping for good times at home, Rouge is ready to outfit you for all of your Memorial Day events...
Make your first beach day of the season one to remember in a stunning Kichu Wrap paired over a chic and flattering Karla Colletto colorblock one-piece. Finish off the look with patent leather flip flops from Yosi Samra, and, as always, wear sunscreen!
Whether your attending a backyard cookout or a country club lobster bake, we have the outfit for you. For a casual look that still highlights your sweet side, pair a silk floral blouse from Rebecca Taylor with the Tali Cropped Zip Jean from
J Brand. If you'd prefer to wear a dress (without looking overdressed!), opt for effortless cool with a Tart Maxi Dress. Either way, Jack Rogers Navajo Sandals complete the look while adding classic polish.
A three day weekend means three nights to party! Transform yourself from daytime sun goddess to nighttime sexy leading lady with a fitted black dress from IRO, Kiley Durham jewelry, and Sigerson Morrison heels.
At Rouge, we're redefining the summertime blues. No sad notes here--these bright hues are bold, cheerful, and oh-so-chic. From flirty dresses to a resort-ready romper that will leave the ocean feeling color envy, shades of cobalt and royal with a twist of turquoise are must-haves for all of your summer soirees...
1. This printed Camilla Romper is perfect for a beach resort getaway or a chic summer party. Swarovski crystal detail dresses up a playful style. Pair with heels, and you'll have legs for days!
2. Our Amanda Uprichard Sweetheart Dress will with take your from date night to an outdoor wedding with its flirty faux wrap skirt, silky drape, and waist-defining detail.
3. Get in touch with your animal instincts while still highlighting your baby blues in this Equipment Reese Blouse in Hydrangea. The blue shade puts a cool twist on a classic python print.
4. Taking blue jeans to the next level, these J Brand Cut-Offs will up your trend factor on even the most dressed-down summer days.
5. There is no need to match your accessories perfectly to your outfit. For bright blue, aquamarine crystal Rouge Teardrop Earrings provide a lovely complement while also pairing back to all of the beautiful corals of the season!
6. Add a touch of true blue to any outfit with this turquoise pendent necklace by Sophia.
7. Trade in your boring neutral underwear for something with a bit more pizzazz, like this Hanky Panky Lowrise Thong in cobalt blue. Wear it with confidence--your sexy little secret.
8. Whether your at the beach, an early dinner, or just bopping around town, this Susana Monaco Pocket Tube Dress marries fashion with comfort. The versatility of this style and its wrinkle free comfort make it a must-have for travel.
One of the biggest trends in today's fashion world is ethical production. Throughout the years, fashion has earned a reputation as a rather cut-throat business, so we couldn't be prouder that, today, as an industry, we are coming together to make the world a better place by going green and promoting ethical sourcing and fair trade. At Rouge, we believe not only in supporting this effort but also in looking great while doing so. Thus, we are proud to introduce coolchange...
Inspired by and made exclusively on the enchanting island of Bali since 1997, coolchange focuses on maintaining socially responsible production methods with each collection. Local Balinese artisans stay true to traditional techniques using hand crafted prints and Batiks. Hand dyed garments are laid to dry in the sun achieving a vibrant one of a kind piece. Experience the beach with effortless elegance from Bali with love.
coolchange is now available at Rouge, so stop in to store to support style with purpose...
Every fashionista knows that the Kentucky Derby is all about the hat. From bold colors and stripes to flowers, feathers, and architectural details, the Derby is one of the few events at which hats are not only permitted but truly celebrated...
And, as much as we love the Derby hats and find ourselves inspired by their uninhibited representation of our passion for fashion, we must state the obvious: a hat does not an outfit make. So, at Rouge, we have put together an edit of our favorite Kentucky Derby dresses that will leave you race ready from head to toe...
So, before you head off to the races, stop into Rouge for a dress that will leave even the most winning Derby hat vying for the spotlight!
Happy Shopping...and, Happy Betting!
As fashion and beauty relate so beautifully to art, you can mix and match colors, styles, and products to create stunning masterpieces and express your own artistry. Let us inspire you through our blogs. - Collie Jennings