It's a beautiful, sunny day...but, boy, is it hot! Summer seems to have arrived almost overnight, as temperatures have soared into the high 80s. On days like these, we crave lightweight luxury....breezy pieces that will allow us to enjoy the great outdoors without breaking a sweat! Lucky for us, a new shipment of Bella Dahl has recently arrived at Rouge...
Specializing in super-soft, lightweight fabrics and easy, effortless silhouettes, Bella Dahl is representative of the laidback--yet oh-so-chic, Southern California lifestyle. Button-down styling and relaxed fits are hand-dyed in the spirit of maintaining the highest quality while embracing carefree style. It's no wonder this line has become a celebrity favorite...and is sure to become every Rouge girls' fave as well!
A new shipment of Bella Dahl has just arrived at Rouge, so pop on in to beat the heat in style!
Sundresses represent the perfect uniform for hot summer days. They keep you feeling breezy and cool while still looking effortlessly glam and put together. Rebecca Taylor's summer collections are consistently synonymous with sundress perfection, and this season is certainly no exception...
The key to Rebecca Taylor's appeal is that she caters to all women while staying true to her own identity. While her dresses range in style from bohemian to beachy to classic femme, each share details that make for a cohesive collection. Lace and eyelet detail, feminine prints, and the finest, lightweight fabrications make these pieces the optimal picks for summer dressing...
New dresses from Rebecca Taylor have JUST arrived at Rouge, so hurry in to find your perfect summer dressing style!
Summer has made her sweet arrival: Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!! If you haven't already, it's time to pack away all of those winter/spring/transitional clothes and focus on building your summer wardrobe. To make it super easy--and leave you feeling both fashionable AND flush--we invite you to shop our Memorial Day Weekend Sale!!!
ALL new summer styles are 15% off in addition to our Spring Sale of 40% off, so take your pick of the hottest styles! If you are looking for a fresh look for this beach weekend, we were inspired by the RAILS fashion shoot and have put our own unique twist on the outfit below. Layer a super-soft, laidback boyfriend buttondown over a sexy bikini. Spice up the look with a chic fedora, handcrafted leather sandals, and modern sunglasses. You'll look effortlessly summer cool!
Happy Shopping, and, again, Happy Memorial Day!!!
Every fashionista knows that great shoes are worth investing in. Not only do shoes enhance--and even complete--your outfit, but they determine both your style and comfort level for the day. And, while some shoes require you to sacrifice comfort for style, and still others (the truly unmentionable) require us to sacrifice style for comfort, we are always thrilled to find a shoe that does it all. Introducing mint&rose, creators of the simply perfect summer espadrille...
What makes mint&rose so unique? Aside from their authentic Spanish design and construction using the finest linens and leathers, it is the process, in and of itself, of creating each pair that differentiates these espadrilles from the rest...
"When it comes to making espadrilles our company aims to preserve the traditional process. Our artisans cut and sew the espadrilles by hand, following the same, original process over the past century. This technique preserves the authenticity of the product as there are no two identical pairs." -mint&rose.com
While mint&rose offers a selection of styles, our Rouge pick for Summer 2015 is the Amalfi espadrille. Made from 100% cotton canvas with a metallic leather captoe, this style is both hand-dyed and handcrafted. This meticulous attention to detail yields an espadrille that will form to your foot within your first wear and leave you sashaying through the summer months...think laidback luxury at its finest!
mint&rose is now available at Rouge, so step into Summer in style!
While we often focus on fashion in our blogs, Rouge truly is a lifestyle boutique. We love our clients, and we want to be able to meet all of her needs---from dressing her from head to toe, to accessorizing her with jewels and handbags, to setting her up with gifts for all the important people in her life, to keeping her looking and feeling beautiful. To satisfy this last goal, we pride ourselves in offering an extensive beauty bar that includes skincare, make-up, fragrance, and beyond...
1. Dr. Hauschka: Founded in 1967, the Dr. Hauschka motto is that Healthy Skin is Beautiful Skin. Committed to all natural ingrediants, the Dr. Hauschka experts recommend an approach to skin care that complements the biology of the skin and supports long-term skin health. Some of our favorite products? The Revitalizing Day Cream and Eye Solace (ahem, instant youth!).
2. Philosophy: Philosophy is the well-being beauty brand that inspires women to look, live, and feel their best by enhancing the beauty and health of skin through multi-tasking skin care and feel-good scents. Their words uplift and nourish the spirit, and inspire beautiful days so women everywhere can feel confident in their unique inner and outer beauty. Our favorites as we ring in the warm weather? The tropical drink inspired Melon Daiquiri, Coconut Frosting, and Senorita Margarita shampoo, bath, and body washes.
3. Sensé: Sensé skincare products offer an innovative approach to skin care. With groundbreaking, patented Slef-Preserving Technology, Sensé products contain no added chemical preservatives, so they are more gentle and healthy for even the most sensitive skin. Their skin-care products are formulated to properly nourish and hydrate your skin's cells and designed to be a comprehensive approach to skin and hair care that takes into account the nutritional needs of both the skin and body. Our picks? The Hydrating Toner, Gentle Daily Cleanser, and (life changing) Intensive Hand Therapy.
4. Blinc Kiss Me Mascara: If you're looking for a no-hassle, no-smudge mascara that you can take throughout your day with no re-application, blinc mascara is your answer. Instead of painting your lashes like conventional mascaras, blinc mascara forms tiny no-smudge, water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes. Once applied, these mascara tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Only when you are ready for removal, the tubes will effortlessly slide off your lashes into your hand without the use of a harsh makeup remover. Um...AMAZING.
5. Jack Black: The man in your life deserves great skincare, too! Back in 2000, Curran Dandurand, her husband Jeff, and Emily Dalton founded Jack Black as a response to a void in the skin care marketplace. At that time few, if any, companies were creating premium quality, high-performance, easy-to-use grooming products for men. The products contain the finest ingredients; you'll want to use them, too! We recommend both the Double Duty Face Moisturizer and the Eye Balm for both you and your man!
6. Pre de Provence: Created using the finest natural ingredients and aromatherapy concepts, Pre de Provence products are meticulously made in Provence - many as they have been for centuries - from the purest vegetable oils, rich shea butter, and other natural ingredients. Their delicious scents will leave your home and hands feeling spa-like, and they make a perfect gift!
7. Aromaflage: Aromaflage is comprised of aromatic essential oils native to the Southeast Asian region. Our fragrance is inspired by the age-old tradition of using botanical extracts to repel insects, while combining deliciously fragrant notes of citrus fruit, warm cedarwood, silken vanilla, & nourishing Vitamin E. Try the traditional perfume, or opt for a candle instead and say goodbye to citronella!
8. Kai Fragrance: Gaye straza spent her youth vacationing in the tropics. After years of avoiding mainstream perfumes because they did not agree with her, Straza decided to create a scent for herself that embodied the exotic white flowers she loved. Today, kai is sold at exclusive boutiques and spas all over the world, with many devotees including Jennifer Aniston, Julia Roberts, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner, Naomi Watts and others.
These beauty products...AND MORE...are available at Rouge. So, stop in today to experience the lifestyle of a true fashionista...beauty included!
Spring 2015 is in full bloom...and, at Rouge, we take that rather literally! Floral prints are practically synonymous with Spring/Summer dressing, and we have you covered! From classic florals placed unexpectedly on swimwear to modern, digital, floral patchwork prints...from relaxed, blousy tops to bodycon dresses...we have silhouettes and styles that will suit every fashionista...
In keeping with the saying, April Showers truly have brought May Flowers to Rouge, so stop in today to choose your own fresh-picked wardrobe!!
With the sun shining and temperatures soaring, we are craving effortless, beachy style: think relaxed silhouettes in lightweight, silky smooth, yet utterly breathable, fabrics. Enter Christina Lehr. With an eye for flattering drape, a hand for clean comfort, and a sensibility for chic simplicity, her line of essential basics makes for the perfect addition to Rouge...
One day when Christina Lehr was a teenager living above her father’s SoHo clothing shop, a shipment of costly t-shirts arrived, every one of them defective. Since the shirts were custom-printed, her dad – designer Henry Lehr – couldn’t return them to the manufacturer.
“Let me try to fix them,” Christina said. She’d been studying pattern-making, cutting, draping and sewing at the School of Fashion Design, and thought she spotted possibility in the twisted seams.
“My dad uses the term ‘creative destruction,’” she said. “Night after night, I ripped out those seams and re-sewed every shirt by hand, integrating the factory’s mistake into a whole new look. The shirts sold out in three days.”
Encouraged by her early success, Christina went on to become an apprentice pattern-maker for top designers, working 10 hours a day for a year to master the intricacies of fabric and fit. Next, she went on to work with a leader in dyes and silk-screens, learning not just traditional hand techniques but honing her sense of wash and color, too.
“My dad once told me that design without technical knowledge is just doodling,” she said. “It took years for me to appreciate what he meant, but now I do.”
Today, customers who wear Christina Lehr’s knitwear appreciate that too. From thoughtful designs to superior fabrics to the family-run factory in Belgium that manufactures her line, Christina Lehr’s eponymous line is always a cut above.
“A perfect t-shirt is basic, timeless and clean,” Christina said. “I concentrate on fit and proportion, make them in beautiful colors from great fabrics, and wash them in a special blend of enzymes to give them a silky feel. I love what I do, and hope my customers do too.”
Brand new Christina Lehr styles have just arrived at Rouge. Effortless, stylish, and oh-so-comfortable, these will make a perfect gift for the mom in your life...OR a treat for yourself!
There is a special moment in fashion in which a designer takes the leap from "up-and-coming" to widely coveted. This is the moment when the designer stands on the cusp of becoming a household name, and her devotees get to feel the great sense of pride in having discovered the "next big thing". Australian designer Camilla Franks launched her namesake line just over 10 years ago, and yet, her exclusive prints and effortlessly chic styles have recently exploded on an international scale. We first introduced Camilla to Rouge last year, pioneering the designer's emergence into a US presence, and we have all since fallen in love with her luxurious silk fabrications, Swarovski crystal embellishments, easy silhouettes, and revolutionary prints. Today, we are pleased to bring you the latest delivery of the Spring/Summer 2015 collection, so let's once again celebrate the next big thing!
New Camilla styles are available in store now and are launching online, so stop in and visit us or click to shop today!
As fashion and beauty relate so beautifully to art, you can mix and match colors, styles, and products to create stunning masterpieces and express your own artistry. Let us inspire you through our blogs. - Collie Jennings