Sandal season is so close we can almost taste it! Treat your tootsies to the iconic American sandals by Jack Rogers. With their Capri-inspired style, luxurious leather, and trademark whipstitch details, they were Jackie O's favorite...and they are sure to be yours, too!
We look forward to seeing you Thursday. Until then, indulge in a little fashion footwear inspiration...
Once upon a time, sweaters were largely defined as winter gear (save the occasional cotton cable-knit cardigan for chilly summer evenings at the country club). Heavy wool blends in a whopping variety of v-neck, crewneck, and turtleneck silhouettes left sweaters to be worn more for function than fashion--the idea being that they kept you warm. And, while I still love an oversized, cashmere knit for cold winter days, I am thrilled to say that the sweater has evolved into a versatile and essentially seasonless fashion item. Innovative fabrications have played a large part in this, but so has the nature of the weave. Loose, lightweight, and semi-sheer open-weave knits have redefined how (and when) we wear sweaters. Open-weave knits represent a huge trend for Spring/Summer 2015 as they are chic, perfect for each and every season, and representative of fashion's forward direction...
The key to sporting this trend is to master the art of layering...while simultaneously finding your comfort zone. Depending on how sheer you want to feel, choose a looser or tighter knit. Add interest with patterned weaves and textures. Layer knits over camis, tanks, or (if you dare) a substantial bandeau, bralette, or even bathing suit as an alternative to a more traditional cover-up. Pair over pants, skirts, or shorts--the options are endless. The look is casual and effortless, so you really can't go wrong. The best part? While these knits are meant to be worn over a base layer, they are also light enough to wear under many jackets--so they can literally see you through all four seasons!
We have a huge selection of open-weave sweaters at Rouge now...in all different colors and silhouettes. Stop in today to find your perfect Spring/Summer (...and Fall/Winter...) knit or...
If Fall is the season where menswear trends reign supreme (think blazers, oversized sweaters, and tailored outerwear), Spring is the season to get in touch with your feminine side! Blooming flowers and whimsical breezes are the perfect setting in which to don your sweetest dresses and live out your girliest wardrobe fantasies. Making this easy for Spring 2015 is the collection of fun, flirty, feminine dresses from Joie!
The key components to an uber femme Spring/Summer dress?
1) A defined waist. Highlight (or go as far as to create!) and hourglass figure by wearing a dress that cinches you in the middle.
2) A flouncy skirt. Nothing makes us feel more feminine than a flowy skirt that promises a wink and a flirt with every move you make.
3) An element of interest. A print or fabric embellishment (think lace or eyelet) adds that extra something that will take your dress from basic to standout. Floral prints are always a good bet for Spring, but taking a risk with a bolder graphic print or daytime lace will definitely pay off by turning heads!
Our selection of Joie dresses is in store now...but going fast! Stop in to see our full collection of Spring dresses and to get more styling tips on looking your feminine best this Spring!
For years its been our favorite t-shirt line. We rely on Michael Stars for his soft knits, flattering cuts, and utter mastery of the fashion's most fundamental essential: the perfect tee. But, in recent years, Michael Stars has evolved beyond his bread and butter, moving beyond the basics and into...well, true fashion pieces. From dresses, to rompers, and even moto-inspired separates, Michael Stars has reinvented his line into the go-to for casual yet forward fashion...
What started as a brand devoted to creating the perfect tee has evolved into a collection of fashion and luxury essentials that embody the modern California lifestyle. Michael Stars offers an elevated assortment of women’s clothing including: sweaters, dresses, leather, bottoms, accessories and perfectly constructed basics.
True to its name, Michael Stars dresses celebrities including Jessica Alba, Olivia Wilde, Sarah Jessica Parker, Emmy Rossum and Jessica Biel and is regularly featured in the pages of magazines like Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle and InStyle. Fans of the brand include style setters and fashion bloggers like Natalie Suarez of Natalie Off Duty, Kimberly Pesch of Eat.Sleep.Wear. and Aimee Song of Song of Style.
And, while we are incredibly excited about the new fashion pieces that are helping us bring our casual game up a notch, we are still grateful that Michael Stars continues to bring us our favorite stylish basic tees and tops...
Stop into store today and shop the Spring 2015 Michael Stars collection!
Accessorizing an outfit is like decorating a cake--you can take in even the simplest vanilla and make it utterly outstanding. Many of us have a favorite "uniform" of sorts--be it a combo of jeans and t-shirts, slacks and blouses, or leggings and sweater--that we tend to turn to day after day as our base layer. We feel comfortable in our "uniforms" and we consider each component an essential, investment-worthy piece. While this is fabulous, it is time to spice things up. And, the best way to do so is with the right accessories. For Spring, we have put together a collage of some of our favorites...along with some styling tips and notes on why we love them so!
1) One of the newest additions to the Rouge designer list, illesteva sunglasses add an instant cool factor to any outfit. Slightly oversized, these shades are universally flattering and make an elevated statement while protecting your baby blues.
2) The perfect scarf can add the right element of print, color, and Parisian chic attitude to even the most casual look. My favorite Lily & Lionel scarf combines all of the edginess of fashion's favorite hue (black) with the soft, pretty floral pastels of Spring.
3) The Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.C. is the ultimate day-to-night bag. Large enough to fit all of your essentials, yet compact enough to easily accompany you out for drinks, this iconic bag is both timeless and forward with its chain strap. Rather than sticking with basic black this season, opt for a navy shade---it is still versatile but a bit more playful.
4) We have been huge fans of Sloane Jewelry for years, but this season our favorite serpent necklace is particularly on trend. Style icon Naomi Watts has been spotted sporting snake-inspired necklaces on almost every red carpet this season...why? Because they're amazing: graceful, sexy, and just a little bit dangerous!
5) Head to the salon for a pedicure, because sandal season is just about here! For flat sandals, we love the Jack Rogers classic Navajo silhouette (it's preppy, timeless, and Jackie O-inspired!). But, this season, we are also excited to amp things up a bit with the Jack Rogers Devyn Mid Wedge in Black Patent. Wear this all day and right into evening!
6) Belts add polish, sophistication, and, most importantly, shape to any outfit. Define your waist this Spring with a luxury French Maison Boinet belt.
7) While espadrilles have always been a Spring/Summer essential, they have never been particularly fashion-forward...until now. These Loeffler Randall Mara Cap-Toe Espadrilles combine on trend, perforated leather with our favorite jute espadrille sole.
8) For some of us, the Mini M.A.C. is just too small for day. Perhaps we are toting around work folders, iPads, diapers and cheerios, or bottles of Smart Water--whatever the reason, we just can't pare down. If you fall into this category, the Rebecca Minkoff Moto Hobo is your Spring 2015 bag. Large enough to fit it all, this bag has both a shorter top handle for fashion toting and a longer shoulder strap for the more practical girl on the go.
So, there you have it: the essential accessories for Spring 2015. To quote the classic film How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, stop into Rouge today and "Frost Yourselves." We promise that you'll leave feeling anything but vanilla.
After months of promising its impending arrival, I can finally say that Spring is in the air!!! The sun is shining and temps are rising, but there is still a bit of a chill out there. So how do we start wearing our Spring wardrobes NOW?! By layering!! Spring jackets are the perfect transitional piece for today's weather. Wear them with scarves and lightweight knits for maximum warmth, and then simply unzip as things heat up!
From leathers to boucles and element-battling trenches, we have a huge selection of Spring jackets at Rouge. Stop in for more tips on layering and to find your perfect transitional style!
Temperatures are rising and warm rays of sunshine are finally beginning to peek out from behind grey, cloudy skies! Spring is actually in sight! And, what do all fashionistas need in order to see more clearly in the Spring/Summer sunshine?! The perfect sunglasses, of course! Thus, we are pleased to introduce illesteva...
Fabulous sunglasses add an instant cool factor to any and every outfit--they are the finishing touch that elevate even the most laid-back looks. Bold frames with a modern twist on a classic round silhouette are universally flattering. From classic black and tortoise to more fashion-forward clear and white tortoise frames, our selection of illesteva shades will have you looking--and feeling!--your best all season long...
Need more inspiration? Check out these fashion savvy celebs sporting illesteva, and the only thing left to need will be your own pair!
illesteva sunglasses will be arriving in store today. They will also be available to shop online by the weekend!
Studies have shown that wearing red makes you more attractive to members of the opposite sex, while increasing the overall perception of your likeability, sociability, and enthusiasm. So, basically, we should all wear red all the time. Need another reason? For Spring 2015, red is trending...big time. From tops to shoes, our namesake hue is taking fashion by storm, all while making the world a little bit more attractive...
The key to wearing red? Confidence! This is not a shade for the faint of heart. It is bold, decisive, and yet classically chic. If your a bit shy about sporting the red trend, start small. Brighten up a rainy day with a pair of red Hunter boots. Ready to take it to the next level? Trade in your LBD for date night in a Little Red Dress, or swap your neutral tops for true rouge style. And for the most fashion-forward fashionista? A red leather jacket from Iro...quite possibly to coolest piece of the season!
So, make a statement this season and stop into Rouge for a little rouge of your own...
As fashion and beauty relate so beautifully to art, you can mix and match colors, styles, and products to create stunning masterpieces and express your own artistry. Let us inspire you through our blogs. - Collie Jennings